Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The "Big Girl" Room.....

I've accepted it....Julia is no longer a tiny little baby.   She is now TWO!!  She is now INDEPENDENT!!  She is now a BIG GIRL!!  Therefore, as I shed a small tear, I've decided it's time to convert her room from a cute little pink nursery to a big girl toddler room!  As ideas are flying in and out of my head, my best friend Pinterest is here to help.....




What a great way to re-use her wagon.  I'm not quite ready to let hers go yet, maybe I could find an old one at a thrift store....




Love this idea!!!  Old drawers and decorative knobs!  I'm all over it!!  I can see purses, necklaces, scarves all hanging from these!!





Shelves on the wall to organize her 1000 books!!!  Daddy K, I may need your help with this one....



And of course you need a place to read all of those books......




okay, okay....this is a little more realistic for a reading nook..... What kid wouldn't want a tent in their room!




Super cute idea for shelving.....




A drawing station.....What a great way to re-cycle the crib!!  Julia would be ALL over this!!!



And finally, ( Julia don't look....this will NOT be happening in your room) for those of you who have carpenters for husbands, and LOTS of patience......

FOR THE GIRLS......



FOR THE BOYS.......


Nice to dream about....Not quite reality!!  


To see the parties I'm linking to go HERE!!



3 comments:

  1. My daughter just turned two and I'm having trouble accepting getting rid of the crib. I completely feel your pain! Your ideas are fantastic and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute idea! I have a 3 year old, and we're working on getting him a little play and reading area set up in the room we're currently sharing. Thanks for the awesome ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some amazing ideas! I will try some for my boy's room. Especially love the wagon! Thanks for sharing:)

    http://chase-thestar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete