Friday, May 20, 2011

Yarn Wrapped Letters

Ok, ok, I’ll admit it….I’m obsessed with Baby Décor! From making wall art, to handprints, to wreaths, to chandeliers…I just can’t get enough!!   Maybe it’s because I’m still a fairly new mom, and I love to decorate....Who knows...it's in my blood!!  All i know is that I’m constantly crafting up a new project for Julia’s room!......I’ll be giving you a sneak peek to those soon……

As for today, we are going to discuss a new baby that just entered this world!  Harper Reece Booth (isn’t that a beautiful name!!)  She is the daughter of two of our best friends, Jen and Kevin!!  Once I found out Jen was pregnant, crafting ideas were immediately flying through my brain!!  I knew I wanted to make some sort of wall art but I wasn’t sure what…..  I went to my trusty friend google and found this image……



Yarn wrapped letters!!  How creative!!  You always see the standard painted wooden letters over a baby’s crib, but I’ve never seen letters wrapped in yarn!!  So this became my project!!!  You can see the whole tutorial here……

It was very simple to do!  I added a little extra bling to mine.  With a few buttons, ribbon, and a flower…I have now baby-fied it!  And talk about inexpensive!!  All you need is the yarn of your choice and wooden letters (which you can find both at Hobby Lobby!)  If you don't want to buy the letters you could always cut them out of cardboard then wrap it…(that’s how I made the “B”)  I couldn’t find the size I wanted, so I drew my own letter on an old cardboard box then cut it out!!  Easy Easy!!  Here are the pictures of Baby Haper’s new wall art!!....

this project was a perfect fit for her room....


just a few buttons and a flower gave it the unique punch I was going for....









can you tell I have an obsession with buttons??  


And last but not least....here is the little beauty that lives in this room....

Jen, Kevin, and Harper...I hope you are enjoying your wall art!!!


To see the parties I am linking to go HERE!!



5 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    This is an awesome blog... and "YES" we love our wall art. It's even more special knowing that her wall decorations are not "store-bought". The painting you did for Harper is amazing as well... Thank you so much and we always look forward to seeing your new creative ideas. You truly are gifted.

    -Kevin, Jen, Harper, (and Boston)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! So jealous of your Hobby Lobby addiction.. none here in NJ! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love this! Must put onto the to-do list! xo

    ReplyDelete